Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lil Dancer.



I've known Dusty "Lil Dancer" Yauilla for quite a few years now. He's always been one of those dudes that are easy to write off. One night of drunken randomness and most people are over it. And for good reason. He's a complete mental case when he gets to a certain level of alcohol consumption. But there's something I've seen in him since the first night of meeting him, where he chugged my last beer while I was taking a run around the park in Louisville and then saw him after the bars closed on the strip crawling out of a KFC dumpster with a bag of food. Explaining to me that just because it's in the dumpster doesn't mean it isn't food. I've been a fan ever since. Beneath the psychopath drunk, there is an amazingly talented skater and a loyal amigo. I've been through some crazy shit the times me and Dusty went drinking together and sharing stories of a drunk Dusty is almost as good as him being there, but the best story is when he went sober, moved to California and started ripping shit to shreds. Well, the Mr. Move show we went to and jumped on stage together was pretty tight too.
  "What's yo name, Lil dancer?"
   "Dusty"
  "Dusty tha Dancer! Alright lil buddy."
............Dusty doesn't ride for bender, but I've been so hyped on his skating and hoping good things would happen for him for so long, that I had to post it up. If anyone sees Dusty though, tell him to hit me up or something.................

No comments:

Post a Comment