Thursday, May 31, 2012

Old Headski....

  I wasn't kidding when I said that I've known Chris for almost 20 years. He used to come out to street skate with us in Macon some weekend nights. It was rare though. He was always working or schooling or in Athens skating.
  This was pretty much our ledge skating in Macon. Right in front of the Courthouse....Chris FS Tails it...
.....circa '97..
 ..But he's missing an arm! Who cares. I used to shoot photos for fun and even went to Art Institute for 2 semesters to learn how to do it better. I borrowed Head's Hi-8's fisheye and used to shoot through that in photos. Time's were tough. I was eating Ramen and strugglin to fill the tank up when gas was below the $1 mark at QuikTrip. I had to make do with what I had. A lil 35mm stock camera....
...Halos sweatshirt. A bearing company me and Chris used to ride for. Good bearings, for real!
..Chris found, modified and installed this table at the 40 yard. I believe he was the only one who could really skate it. He ran these BS 180 nosegrinds all day....
...circa '98...
..."Wha?! What?! Another 180 nosegrind photo?!" Now you're getting it. I must have gotten paid from my working stint at Pac Sun. I see that ole $20 stand and flash in the background. Everyone hates the vinigette (?). I love it. I've always thought it looked cool. Chris's fisheye. Some weird bench thing he found and drug up to the Ponce School ledges. Man, those things are weird. You should have tried skating them when Chris first found them. Ugh. Sandpaper. But as always, I went. And we'd wax and wax and wax and wax....
...circa '98..

No comments:

Post a Comment