Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Bender Garage Commercial.....



Since moving to the 'burbs a lil over a year ago. I've been out of touch with the old crew from the city. Sure, it's only 40 minutes or so from the house, but add in a 2 year old, the wife, the job, the tiredness. It was just a feeling of "Where the fuck can i go roll around for an hour after the kid goes to sleep?"
This place came about after looking for playgrounds with the family one Sunday afternoon. It's tucked away and you can only see it from the road for a split second in one direction of travel. Busted the U-Turn drove in and saw what was finally my spot. It's lit decently enough. Ground's good. It's got a giant curb, a bunch of normal p-blocks, some wallie hits, a high ledge and some rideable walls. I've never been fucked with there although there are the "No Skateboarding" signs. And cops cruise through non-chalantly. It's not much, but I'm not asking for much either. No one's ever skating there. All the mark's are mine. It's hidden. It's desolate. It's boring. It's my thing.
John actually met up with me after his shift at Ruin one night and I kinda went through my normal stuff here. Stoked he came out to film it. I wish I could of recorded his initial facial expressions after telling him what I wanted to film. Regardless, he made it look cooler than it probably is. Thanks man....

1 comment: